No. 22 Study on the Emulsifier-like Properties of α-Cyclodextrin with Triglycerides
It has been reported that CD and triglyceride makes complex at the oil/water interface and the complex works like surfactant. It needs more study for its performance as emulsifier because emulsion is very useful for food or chemical industry but emulsion control technology is not enough now.
Emulsion control; particle size, viscosity, stability or any other control, in a wide range of pH or temperature is very important.
Therefore in this study, aiming to get knowledge of particle size control, we conducted measurement of particle size for alphaCD/Triolein emulsions. (Triolein is one of triglycerides, which is included in vegetable oils. Liquid at room temperature.)
- Making emulsions
- Particle size distribution of emulsions
- Microphotos of emulsions
- Emulsions including Saccharide
1. Making emulsions
(1) αCD in water
(2) Triolein :αCD in water 50 : 50 (w/w)
(3) Homogenize 10min at 6000rpm And more 10min at 9500rpm
2. Particle size distribution of emulsions
Particle size distribution of CD:oil =1:12 is larger than 1:8.
3. Microphotos of emulsions
Digital Microscope: HiRox, KH-7700
Oil droplets size of CD:oil =1:12 tend to be larger than 1:8.
4. Emulsions including Saccharide
Saccharide existing, particle size and oil droplets changes.
- The more oil rate, the larger particle size become.
- The more oil rate, the larger oil droplets exist.
- Saccharide existing, particle size and oil droplets changes.